News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/5/2020 3:36:00 PM to 4/2/2020 12:00:09 AM.
Posted on: March 5, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Stay Informed
WHAT IS COVID-19?
CoVID-19 is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person just like the flu or a cold:
- Through the air by coughing or sneezing
- Close personal contact, like touching or shaking hands
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it
- Occasionally, through fecal contamination.
The virus that causes CoVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Lancaster County recommends taking the following actions to help prevent the spread of CoVID-19:
- Clean hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, and nose.
- Clean surfaces frequently with a cleaner such as bleach wipes.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home and consult a healthcare provider if you are sick.
- Do not return to work until you are fever-free (under 100.4°) for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
Corona Virus COVID-19