Do you have a small amount of time each week or month to make a significant contribution to an older person’s life while enriching yours? Are you ready for a volunteer experience that provides flexibility and variety, requires a minimal time investment and is richly rewarding? If you answered yes to these questions, you’ll want to explore the volunteer opportunities available at Lancaster County Office of Aging.
Are you interested in a challenging and rewarding volunteer position that requires a dedicated time commitment and ongoing learning opportunity? Or in an opportunity that is rewarding but requires a minimal amount of time commitment?
- The APPRISE and Volunteer Ombudsman positions offer online training modules, in-person volunteer training and shadowing experienced volunteers.
- Volunteers may also assist in the office with completing Property Tax Rent Rebate Program applications.
- Volunteers are also needed to help with once a year events like the Chicken Barbecue and Holiday Program delivery and the Senior Games.
Ways to Volunteer
- Become involved in a specialized volunteer program like APPRISE or the Volunteer Ombudsman Program. Contact Bev Via about the APPRISE program and Sheri Snyder about the Ombudsman Program.
- Assist with special events that occur once a year, like the Chicken Barbecue delivery and the Senior Games held in May, and the Holiday Delivery held in December. You may contact Bev Via if interested in learning more about the Barbecue delivery of donated meals, and Lisa Paulson if interested in the Senior Games and Holiday Delivery.
- Assist in our office with completing applications for Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program . You may contact Kristin Jones for more information.
- Bev, Sheri, Kristin and Lisa can be reached at 717-299-7979 or through the agency email.